Business with Social Responsibility
The United Nations Member States adopted 17 Sustainable Development Goals in the year 2015 as a universal undertaking aiming to end poverty, protect our planet and ensure peace and prosperity for everyone by the year 2030.
All countries and parts of society need to play their part in order to fulfill these goals. Ending poverty and other hardships is always tied to putting effort into improving factors such as health, education, equality and economic growth.
ViroGates also recognizes that making a valuable contribution to society goes beyond research, development and marketing of new vital medical products. It starts within the company itself and is the heart of how we do business socially, ethically, environmentally and financially.
Good Health and Well-Being
ViroGates subscribes to the SDGs and we take pride in the fact that our company can contribute to fulfilling four of the targets related to Good Health and Well-Being by 2030:
- Reduce the mortality rate among pregnant women to less than 70 per 100,000 live births
- Reduce mortality rates of infants and children under 5 years of age, aiming to reduce neonatal mortality to 12 per 1,000 live births and under-5 mortality to at least 25 per 1,000 live births
- Stop the spread of AIDS, malaria, tuberculosis and other illnesses
- Reduce premature mortality from non-communicable diseases by one third
Responsible Consumption and Production
We are also making an effort to fulfill the following targets related to Responsible Consumption and Production:
- Achieve sustainable management and efficient use of natural resources
- Reduce waste through prevention, reduction, recycling and reuse
- Adopt sustainable practices and integrate sustainability information into our reporting cycle